Sunday, July 22, 2012

I AM




I AM

Near the Strand I stand
Staying to prove the land
Welcome my guest warmly
Watch the happenings tranquilly
Wake up with the grating roar of the alarms
Fling my soul and Cease the fears of harms
Wait to bestow my beams
Come on! Climb the long furled steps
And print your vestige in me
I am……
                                                M.Keerthika
                                                     III B A English Literature
Shift – II








6 comments:

  1. I am writing this comment forgetting completely the Dover Beach and its words.

    Beautiful poem Keerthika. I was wondering to see the title [which I have never crossed anywhere by any great authors]. I now teach Introduction by Kamala Das to the I M A students. In that poem she uses 'I' for more than 25 times. But your title and the end line possesses too much of weight than the 'I's used by Das.


    I hope there must be some deep hidden meaning in the words used between starting with Capital letters. I really cant understand its deeper sense if there is any.

    Strand and stand are closely rhyming and well knit words. SO ATTRACTIVE TO READ.

    Welcoming note to nature..... Great! The third line is so sensible. When rain comes we welcome. But had never thought of welcoming tides. How could you think this way? Amazing......

    Do you think you will watch the tide in tranquility when TSUNAMI comes?

    Ya even I could understand the final part of it. When a guest visits us we too visit them in return. So..............

    Quite natural but can't imagine

    Zulaiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mam, I am so happy to have such comments from you. You asked will i watch the disasters calmly, of-course yes we have to accept everything and when we receive the pleasures which nature gives then why not the other things too? And more over i believe that the natures reactions are all the consequences of our actions. Mam, actually this poem is about GOD and i have used a beacon(light house) to convey my theme. And that is the deeper sense hidden in this poem. THE ANSWER TO THAT "I AM" IS "GOD".
      Thank you Mam for giving such a creative homework and also the comments!

      Delete
  2. Ask I MA student to add their comment since the title goes with one of the poems read by them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello keerthi!
    I can see how much you have grown from your first poem to this one. You have truly shown a good improvement in your writing. Though I know who this "I am" is, I was trying to comment with a fresh look. But I couldn't. I honestly like the idea of using the image of light house to convey your thoughts. You use the word "vestige" often in your writings. And every time this word has got a deep meaning and this really shows your ability to use the words in different contexts effectively(this quality I should learn from you). The "I am" in the title and the last line still keeps me wondering. You can just attract the readers with this such small term. You have taken us to the SEA but have showed us the spiritualiTY. Wonderful write keerTHI!(Wow they rhyme!:P)
    I AM AN ADMIRER OF YOUR "I AM".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comments... you help me a lot to improve myself as a poet

    ReplyDelete