Sunday, July 22, 2012

CEASE THE NOISE OF PEACE


CEASE THE NOISE OF PEACE

Legs stretched on the gritty sand,
Facing the tides that glimmer on the moon.
Thoughts wandering like the water
That flings toward the palely blanched land
With a grating rumble and retreats soon.

Eyes, pondering on the noise of peace,
Are fixed on the foam filled strand.
Its tremulous cadence my ears can’t stand.
My shingles dampened by the briny breeze
That pierces through my ear caves.

Still wondering to find peace,
I rise toward the ebbing waves
That, like a girdle, furls around my feet.
I still stare into the turbid end of the endless sea,
In certitude, to cease the noise of tranquility.

H. Maryam Fathima
III BA English Literature
Shift II B Section

2 comments:

  1. Maryam. . .
    Noise of peace...... why breaking the hearts of reader into pieces? I don't think any one could think of this title. Cease...... Noise .....Peace......

    You are really becoming a poet. its really stupefying to read your nice attempts now a days.

    See the difference between your thought and Keerthika's. She likes solitude and you like being with people. But in one way her thought is right as yours. Because the peace will be ceased if you sit as a gang in beach [shore.....]. I meant your first word. LEGS as 20 or 40 legs. I think I have the right to think so.

    'Thoughts' wandering like 'water'. Is it possible you say? YES know? But what will it reflect then? Will it reflect the person of that thought RIGHT?

    The word Blanche is repeated in one of your other poems know? Think deeply of what does it mean in both the poems.

    All the sensory organs have been involved in this poem. Even the poet cant do this I think. The arrangement of words is unsurprisingly great.

    Again ........... NOISE OF TRANQUILITY. How could you think in this sense? I remember Ezekiel's poem "Poet Lover Bird Watcher'. All have to wait in peace for all these three things to come. But when there is noise in peace how can this happen?

    Its very difficulty to think of a circle
    [GIRDLE, FURLS AROUND MY FEET]
    when one thinks of sea. Its so wide and you cant form a circle there. But life is a cycle so naturally sea too will be there in.

    This poem proves a literature students ability to imagine the reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS MAM FOR UR CRITICAL COMMENT!!
      I came up with the title just for the fun of the rhyme it held. But eventually it turned out to be a heading with deeper meaning. Mam, i am surprised to see in how many ways even my piece can be interpreted (for instance the first word "LEGS" I meant it to be a single man's two legs and the poet is alone in the shore and on the search for peace that he can never find unless he ignores the sounds and touches of the waves and wind around him). I was trying to write something different from my usual theme and I hope I have done it well at least to some extent.And it is encouraging to see your words on my work. THANK YOU FOR THE TASK AND THE
      APPRECIATION!

      Delete